Machine Operator- OCAL Elbows
Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Production Manager and is located in Jonesboro, Arkansas. As a Machine Operator, you will be responsible to produce quality products. Run variety of similar machines (Threading, Reaming, Turning, Forming) at times with another team.
- Able to safely run variety of machines that run similarly.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities (different machine, team, product) or volume.
- Able to meet and run standards.
- Identify machine deficiencies and bring solutions.
- Perform daily preventative machine maintenance.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 1 to 3 months related experience / training or combination.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Able to read and comprehend safety rules, operating/maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Able to present information to individuals/groups/clients by reports or correspondence.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers, use fractions, decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percent into bar graphs.
- Able to comprehend and communicate detailed written or verbal instruction.
- Able to solve problems in a standardized situation with some variables.
- Safety conscious, 5S driven, and recommends safety corrections Immediately.
- 1 year certification from technical college and 1 to 3 years running machines
- Produces excellent quality parts.
- Engaged to meet production goals regularly.
- Participates in team initiatives yet self-motivated.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.