Substation Service Sales Manager- Modderfontein, South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
As a Substation Service Sales Manager will be a part of the Power Grids and Grid Integration Business Line will be based in Modderfontein. ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
Reporting to the Local Product Group Manager, you will be responsible to ensure successful implementation of the service sales strategy for assigned area, to profitably achieve qualitative and quantitative targets for life cycle management, service products and solutions. You will also be responsible to analyze service market potential, with full focus on installed base (IB) penetration and ensure customer relationship management. Lead and develop the Service Sales team to exceed the sales targets through high performance in order to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Service sales strategy: Creating, planning and implementing service sales strategy by increasing the installed base (IB) penetration, effectively utilizing ServIS (the approved Service database). Promoting value add service product offerings supporting Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- Volume and profit: Achieving service sales volume by ensuring the team sells entire service portfolio. Participating in negotiations of major contracts to secure service sales volume.
- Service sales targets: Ensuring achievement of service sales targets, providing cost effective solutions to the customers and initiating improvement plans as needed.
- New opportunities: In collaboration with the Service sales team generating and identifying service sales leads by analyzing the IB potential and targeting those new IB opportunities from emerging trends with the Service solutions available. Determining account and acquisition plans to support growth.
- Customer approach: Establishing long term customer relationships with key customers and decision makers by understanding the requirements, regulations and exhibiting high expertise in technical solutions and products. Ensuring customer satisfaction issues are registered and responded to by team.
- Sales process: Supporting the team by participating in sales activities when needed. Responsible for feedback on sales development, distribution of resources for service sales activities and the current status of the market. Collaborating with Business Units and account teams to position different service offerings. Evaluating and sharing relevant information on installed base data, sales leads, customers and competitor’s solutions and marketing trends with the team.
- Health, safety and integrity: Monitoring client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams. Identifying and managing potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers or channels. Driving health and safety practices in own unit.
- People leadership and development: Driving sales efficiency by ensuring adequate selling skills for service sales team members and that the area of responsibility is properly organized, and staffed. Coaching the team in formulating sales plans, in negotiating, and in developing customer segment expertise. Actively demonstrating one ABB approach and guides direct and indirect subordinates.
- Safety and Integrity : Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must have minimum Engineering Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have minimum 10 years of experience in large substation projects.
- Must have minimum 10 years of experience in Sales Roles.
- Must have established relationships within the substation business.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy please apply on the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.
For any additional information please refer to https://new.abb.com/careers