Senior Technical Support Engineer – WFM and ERM– Modderfontein, South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers
You as a Senior Technical Support Engineer will be a part of the Power Grids Business will be based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to the Service Manager, you are responsible for coordinating with our customers to build the relationships, teamwork and trust that enables the delivery of valuable solutions and superior customer services. The customer is our highest priority.
- Responsible for providing technical and functional support services to ABB.
- The TSE will resolve software issues and questions reported to the Global Customer Care by clients or on-site ABB implementation staff on behalf of clients.
- As a Client Advocate you will be assigned a number of Customers for which you own the Customer engagement and for whom you advocate their cases towards resolution within ABB Enterprise Software in general.
- Coordinating with the Account Manager,are the team that builds,and maintains the partnership that exists between ABB Enterprise Software and our customers.
- Assisting with installation, setup, configuration and troubleshooting of 3rd party software products.
- Ensuring new cases from customers are picked within established SLA’s, Ensuring the right priority is set on cases from customers, ensure cases are progresses towards resolution and work done is documented, escalate cases technically and or administratively as required by the situation, follow up on cases assigned to other departments for assistance, advocate fixes for your customers for inclusion in patch releases, deliver resolution to the customer.
- Follow ABB Enterprise Software Global Customer Experience standards and procedures and suggest improvements where possible.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- • A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Background.
- • Minimum 5 years experience in sales.
- • Technical knowledge in Oracle 10, Unix and Infrastructure.
- • Experience of using data base technologies and web technologies.
- • Virtual machine technologies such as Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) technical knowledge.
- • Advanced knowledge of Ellipse 6 & 8 / Ellipse Select / Field reach Customer relationship, presentation skills.
- • Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are required.
- • Should be fluent in English with comprehension and writing of other languages.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please apply on the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.