Area Sales Manager - Durban, South Africa
Durban, Kwazulu/Natal, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
You as an Area Sales Manager will be a part of the Industrial Automation Business will be based in Durban, South Africa. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you are responsible for Developing, implementing and manage the accounts strategy focused on growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. Coordinating the sales activities and manage resolution of specific customer problems.
- Account Strategies:
- Participating in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Sales Targets:
- Defining and proposing sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensuring their achievement with a structured follow up process.
- Customer Relations:
- Establishing and developing account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acting as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims.
- Customer knowledge:
- Developing, maintaining and sharing detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Volume and profit:
- Selling products, solutions, services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned business unit.
- Market activity:
- Monitoring competitor’s activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- • Must have an Instrumentation Qualification
- • 10 years Instrumentation sales experience in the following- calibration, flow measurement, temperature measurement, level measurement, valve positions, liquid analytics (5 years in sales and the other 5 years as an engineer)
- • The role is based in Durban
- • Strategic sales experience is critical
- • Account management experience is critical
- • Pulp & paper, oil & gas, petrochemical, water & waste industry focus is key
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.