Sales Manager – Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
As Sales Manager you will be part of the Turbocharging Business Line (BL) within the Industrial Automation business based in Cape Town, South Africa. ABB Turbocharging is a technology and market leader in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines with 100+ ABB-owned Service Stations worldwide and 200,000+ ABB turbochargers in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large off-highway vehicles.
ABB Turbocharging is committed to:
-Building the best turbochargers in the business.
-Assisting customers to maintain Turbochargers in peak condition and at optimum performance throughout their entire lifecycle.
You will be responsible to
• Drive sales with end customers and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the sub-Saharan Africa region.
• Lead the end user sales team of the Local Business Line (LBL) and develop sales plans to achieve LBL targets for service revenues by taking ownership for key customer accounts.
• Set targets based on the LBL strategy to ensure an appropriate market coverage for new business, end-user influencing and service sales
• Build professional long-term relationships with our local customer base and thereby ensure our sustainable success.
- Responsible for meeting LBL sales budget, margin and market share in the region
- Develop, implement and monitor sales strategies, sales plans and sales support activities for the region, including sales targets, customer visit plan, training plan for sales team
- Lead and monitor end user sales team to drive sales of services and service products such as maintenance agreements and digital customer solutions
- Build long term relationships with key customers at all levels
- Ensure adherence to ABB internal rules and fruitful collaboration across the global network
- Business Development:
- Request and propose business development projects to drive the growth of the business
- Share information gained from customer visits as part of market intelligence input
- Update customer and installed base information in the CRM tool
- Monitoring & Planning:
- Take up customer challenges / complaints and take ownership till solutions are implemented
- Drive for continuous improvement of sales procedures, account and contract management
- Continuously review, monitor and evaluate the performance of the sales team as well as maintenance contracts (operations & finance)
- Select, establish and lead sales team, allocate budget and strategic targets to sales engineers
- Degree in Business and Engineering (B.Sc.) with a minimum 5 years experience within sales in marine/power industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the management of employees
- Excellent customer focus and understanding of value-based selling
- Self-organized, structured with good time management and deadline driven and work on your own initiative
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page:
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.