Senior Solution Consultant Presales Enterprise software
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Senior Solution Consultant Pre ; Sales Enterprise software , will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to the Service Manager, you are responsible for Support the sales processes including opportunity discovery, proposal, product demonstration and final decision across the region such that we achieve our sales goals. This position requires a business consultant with significant hands-on experience using and demonstrating Enterprise Asset Management solutions, preferably in the utility industry. Determine the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions and effectively convey the value and benefits of the applied ABB products and technology to solve the customer’s critical business issues.
- Sales support via Product / Solution expertise : Providing a deep level of functional expertise in one or more ABB products in a customer setting. Understanding the unique business requirements driving the industries our customers serve and is able to gain trust from the customer that ABB solutions and services meet their needs. Focusing on the end-to-end solution mapping across the PGGA Enterprise Software portfolio, into another PG’s within ABB.
- Proposal Response : Crafting our solution positioning in response to a customer requirement and is able to evaluate trade off’s between level of compliance and cost/value. Supporting the proposal response function by providing initial review and comments as to qualify the opportunity and if accepted, will be a key resource in supporting the response preparation by directly answering the RFx questions and collaborating with others on the response team to ensure we are addressing the customer’s expectations.
- Customer Presentations : Preparing and delivering compelling presentations on ABB software solutions for both internal and external audiences.
- Support for Sales representatives : Supporting sales and account representative for product sales opportunities as well as product upgrades requiring significant services. Engaging with the sales representative early in the sales cycle on discovery calls, helps qualify opportunities, supporting the proposal process, delivering compelling presentations and demonstrations and generally assists the sales process up to contract award.
- Innovation and Improvement : Continuously contributing to innovation. Creating and delivering training materials relating to technology and best practices.
- Quality : Demonstrating high-quality, professional and ethical conduct. Producing high quality proposals and presentations. Ensuring on-time delivery with exceptional operational and functional quality.
- Personal Development : Seeking ways to learn, acquire new skills and knowledge and improve quality of consulting services. Keeping up to date with product developments, and return customer and market feedback to Product Management.
- Customer Satisfaction : Ensuring ABB commitments to customer are met, in accordance with the assigned activities. Seeking ways to improve customer satisfaction, through appropriate customer interaction, delivering quality presentations and proposals, keeping and presenting ABB values and integrity. Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction across all customer interactions.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE) : Ensuring that tasks are executed in compliance with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree related to computer science or electrical engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in utility asset management software systems and solutions (either as a user or a vendor of such systems).
- Experience with leading enterprise asset management, asset performance management or mobile workforce management solutions is required. Experience with ABB solutions preferred.
- Excellent practical knowledge on windows environment and MS Office tools.
- Proven ability to understand customer requirements and either translate those into software solution proposals or to quickly disqualify inappropriate leads.
- Great presentation and demonstration skills with proven ability to develop and deliver high-level and deep-dive presentations.
- Fluent spoken and written English – Mandatory and fluent spoken and written skills in other European languages will be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills at technical, operational, procurement and senior management levels.
- Good understanding of complex sales cycles.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.