Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
As a Sales Manager, you will be a part of the Industrial Automation Business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to Local Business Unit Manager, you will be part of developing and execution of a sales strategy for the Process Industries Local Business Line in order to meet the qualitative and quantitative sales targets for both the Systems and Service Sectors within the industries that the LBL serves. Including the proactive leading, development and support of the sales organization in order to exceed the sales targets and guarantee client satisfaction.
- Sales Strategy: Creating plans and implements a sales strategy, and strategic sales and business development initiatives, in alignment with the local and global strategy Achieves sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency within the Pulp and Paper, Metals, Cement, Mining and food and beverage Industries, from both a Systems and Service perspective.
- Sales Targets: Establishing sales targets and ensures sales achievement through regular oversight and definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed. As sales manager, your involvement through either leading or supporting key pursuits is crucial and will be considered a major KPI.
- Customer acquisition: Identifying opportunities at existing and potential new customers within Sub-Saharan region, determines plans for acquisition and allocates resources.
- Information sharing: Coordinating the flow of information for sales activities and transactions, including leads, billings, orders, contracts, etc. and evaluates data to ensure achievement of goals. Monitoring and provides reports to the Marketing and Sales organization on market intelligence.
- Customer relations: Supporting the development of strong relationships with key customers. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key decision makers. Ensuring efficient marketing communications.
- Volume, profit and cost: Ensuring achievement of sales volume by setting appropriate sales prices and margins for all sales proposals. Participating in the negotiations of key contracts.
- Risk: Monitoring client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams. Identifies and manages potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers/channels.
- safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or tertiary qualification.
- Required minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in Electrical, Control and Instrumentation systems.
- Required experience in sales projects with in Mining or Pulp and Paper or Metals Industries.
- Required experience in Sales Management experience.
- Required excellent problem solving skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.