Channel Specialist- SSA, Modderfontein, South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is world leader in Motion business and offering a wide range of products and services including drives, motors and generators. Key applications include energy conversion, actuation, automation, standardize manufacturing cells for application such as machine tending, welding, cutting, painting, finishing, palletizing, and packing and engineered system for automotive industry. ABB offers a comprehensive range of reliable and high efficiency motors and generators for all applications. Combining the best available materials with superior technology, the electric motors and generators are designed to operate reliably.
You will be working as a Channel Specialist-SSA and will be a part of the Motion Business for Drives business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be responsible for selling products or systems or services within the SSA markets in accordance with the Motion strategy. Building long term customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identifying and developing sales opportunities.
- Volume and profit: Selling products or systems or services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units and Product Groups.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product or systems or services offering, and aligning to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in the case of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB. Ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy like delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions.
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to the customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A S4, T3 or N6 and or National Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in front end sales experience, selling motors and drives in the marketplace (LV or MV Drives & LV or MV Induction Motors).
- Required strong knowledge in Drives and Motors in the SSA markets would be beneficial.
- Required in-depth knowledge of the markets for drives and mechanical products in South Africa.
- Good communication and presentation skills is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.