Sales Manager- Food and Beverage, Modderfontein, South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is world leader in Motion business and offering a wide range of products and services including drives, motors and generators. Key applications include energy conversion, actuation, automation, standardize manufacturing cells for application such as machine tending, welding, cutting, painting, finishing, palletizing, and packing and engineered system for automotive industry. ABB offers a comprehensive range of reliable and high efficiency motors and generators for all applications. Combining the best available materials with superior technology, the electric motors and generators are designed to operate reliably.
You will be working as a Sales Manager- Food and Beverage and will be a part of the Motion Business for Drives business line based in Dubai, UAE. In this role you will be planning and ensuring execution of Division, Business Unit or Product Group sales strategy for assigned area, to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for products, systems or services in a profitable way. Leading and developing and coaching the Sales organization proactively, to exceed the sales targets through high performance in order to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Sales strategy: Creating planning and implementing sales strategy, and strategic sales and business development initiatives, in alignment with global sales strategy. Achieving sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency.
- Sales targets: Establishing sales targets and ensures sales achievement through regular oversight and definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Customer acquisition: Identifying opportunities at existing and potential new customers within defined geographical area and determines plans for acquisition and allocates resources.
- Information sharing: Coordinating the flow of information for sales activities and transactions, including leads, billings, orders, contracts, etc. and evaluates data to ensure achievement of goals. Monitoring and providing reports to the marketing and sales organization on market intelligence.
- Customer relations: Supporting the development of strong relationships with key customers. Building and maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers. Ensuring efficient marketing communications.
- Volume, profit and cost: Ensuring achievement of sales volume and product mix targets by setting appropriate price and margin for sales. Participates on negotiations of key contracts.
- Risk: Monitoring client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams. Identifying and managing potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers or channels.
- Sales process: Taking ownership of the sales processes, and all relevant training and development plans, actions and programs.
- People leadership and development: Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaching, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Driving and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A S4, T3 or N6 and or National Diploma in Electrical Engineering. B. Com & MBA would be advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience in front end sales experience, selling motors and drives in the marketplace (LV or MV Drives & LV or MV Induction Motors)
- Required strong knowledge in the F&B markets would be beneficial.
- Required in-depth knowledge of the markets for drives and mechanical products in South Africa.
- Good communication and presentation skills is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.