Transport and Logistics Administrator, Modderfontein, South Africa.
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
You will be working as a Transport and Logistics Administrator, you will be a part of the Industrial Automation Business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to LBU Supply Chain Manager, You will be responsible to ensure the accurate and timeous processing and tracking of inbound documents, SRN (shipment reference Number creation, tagging and GRV process into SAP so that our Customer On Time Delivery (COTD) is improved and maintained.
- Ensuring all Airfreight, Sea freight and Courier or Express shipment Pre-Alerts are received timeously.
- Ensuring the Shipment Reference Number (SRN) Process is completed in SAP timeously and accurately for the consignment with material description, quantity and pricing for single or multiple purchase order numbers and the costs, involved to clear and forward the consignment to the final delivery point are captured on SAP via using the tagging process
- Creating the SRN and inbound delivery in SAP.
- Managing CIT queries and Documents and expediting of shipments.
- Ensuring the PO Amendment, foreign & Local Invoice Posting (Tagging process) is done and goods Receipt (GRV) Process is completed.
- Archiving all documentation regarding shipping, freight and delivery involves to the customer.
- Maintaining the document system for audit purposes (VAT and Reserve bank)
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Grade 12 or Tertiary Education in shipping and logistics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Microsoft, SAP, excel, SharePoint, computer literate.
- Experience in shipping documentation and Shipping and Logistics.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page:
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.