Transport, Trade and Logistics Specialist, Modderfontein, South Africa.
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
You will be working as Transport,Trade and Logistics Specialist, you will be a part of the Industrial Automation business for Energy Industries Business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to LBU Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for Supporting Business Function and or Business Excellence Centers to ensure goods are shipped whilst meeting quality, legal and costs parameters. Developing maintain and improve transport or logistics processes to optimize inbound and or outbound product and material delivery to external and internal clients.
- Planning: Utilizing various transportation software systems to facilitate material movement, planning and scheduling. Customs and trade applications.
- Scheduling: Preparing and updating monthly logistics schedule to ensure deliveries to production locations and coordinates product delivery schedule with customers.
- Tracking: Coordinating daily activities to track location and movement of inventory finished goods and raw materials via all transport modes, and re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize cost. Communicating fulfillment status to Logistics and Sales organizations as appropriate.
- Service providers: Working closely with transport service providers and brokers to assure efficient and effective execution of processes, assists in obtaining necessary transport permits and codes and prepares proper transportation paperwork and import and export documentation.
- Data management: Supporting the development and implementation of improved processes and systems and maintain master data.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Transport & Logistics Management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Logistics Management.
- Required experience in process industries projects, and good understanding of SAP.
- Strong understanding of import & export documentation requirements for shipping, as well as cross-trade risks.
- Must have the ability to manage customer complaints and expectations effectively.
- Required experience in estimating costs, productivity hours and team structures for effective project execution.
- Solid understanding of project management, and the role of logistic support function in project execution.
- Required working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills and a strong 'Customer Focus'.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page:
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.