Executive Personal Assistant/ Travel Management, Modderfontein, South Africa.
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where
innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Automation business serves industries including oil and gas, power & water, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
As an Executive Assistant you will be part of the Industrial Automation Business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to the Country Managing Director and will be responsible for providing quality administrative and secretarial support to the Industrial Automation Country Team .
- Administrative support: Performing complex administrative activities and takes responsibility for delivering specific department processes/programs.
- Documentation: Prepares minutes of meetings, presentations and applicable documents to support Country Team and Internal Processes.
- Communication: Responsible for various communication tasks within the area of responsibility, ensuring knowledge and information is shared with the Country Business Team.
- Processes: Implementing ABB processes, initiates continuous improvement of administrative processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Confidential support: Acting as point of contact for internal or external enquiries by phone and email, initiates action and makes judgments about urgency of issues. Provides confidential support to individual executives and/or Industrial Automation Country team members.
- Supervision: Coaches and may have direct responsibility for more junior or contracted administration staff.
- Events and Travel Management: Arranging business critical internal and external meetings, including travel arrangements, itineraries, accommodation, registration and visa applications. Ensuring travel management policies and procedures are adhered and managing the company’s Travel management services.
- Financial support: Providing financial support on a department/project level, monitoring budget spend, raising and approving requisitions/invoices, etc.
- Business pillars: Living ABB’s core pillars of safety, integrity and internal controls.
- A bachelor’s Degree or Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration or any related qualification.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant/Office Management role.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office: especially MS Power Point, Word and Excel to produce minutes and presentations.
- Worked as executive P.A for at least 8 years for a multi-national or global company.
- Accuracy and ability to pay attention to detail is essential.
- Bilingualism or multilingualism is advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-confidence and ability to handle pressure.
- Experience in management of travel services e.g. Flights, Accommodation, pickups and drop off services.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.