Sales Specialist- Western Cape
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
Join your career at ABB ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment.
You will be working as a Sales Specialist Western Cape Region, you will be a part of the Motion for Drives Business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to Marketing & Sales Manager, sales of products or systems or services within the Cape Town markets in accordance with the Motion strategy. Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Volume and profit: Selling products or systems or services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units and Product Groups.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product or systems or services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plans in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques.
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Preparing offers and coordinating with the bid and proposal department and or the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or S4, T3 , N6 would be added Advantage.
- Required minimum 5 years of experience in front-end sales, selling motors and drives in the marketplace (LV or MV Drives & LV or MV Induction Motors).
- Required sales experience in Drives & Motors.
- Required experience with electrical products in order to provide technical support and quotes to our customer base.
- Required knowledge in the Western Cape markets.
- Candidates Must be based in Cape Town.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page:
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.