Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
You will be working as a Channel Manager and will be a part of the Industrial Automation business for Process Industries business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be driving Channel Management process with the LBU manager. Will be responsible for the sales, development and growth of new business within BUCT vertical markets with the added responsibility of new Channel Partners promoting CT control systems, assisting Channel Partners with design, training, demonstrations, system configurations, system pricing and system sales within the BUCT System Vertical markets.
- Implementing Channel Sales go to market strategy in collaboration with LBU manager, participating in the preparation of realistic sales forecasts for the region with the CP, assisting with setting up Business plans for the partners.
- Contacting sales people inside the region for proposal support, pricing, product features, technical solutions and logistics for freelance systems.
- Presenting products at workshops or sales trainings for ABB sales representatives and system integrators in the region.
- Responsible for conducting WIN / Loss Analysis. Supporting the team and CP’s to meet the Targets.
- Keeping track of the installed base and responsible for maintaining existing Channel Partners with constantly assisting them with their business and further development.
- Participating in entering CP opportunities into SFDC to enable accurate forecasting. Preparing price lists for review and approval and delivering customer quotation.
- Actively look for new partners and developing growth opportunities within the Southern African region. Locating, developing and appointing new sustainable Partners for the CT System business throughout the Southern African region.
- Collaborating with the partners to define marketing plans for their sales force.
- Expertise in the Southern African region for presales task, such as suggest and optimize configuration, selecting strategy in large pursuits especially with regards to the Freelance DCS.
- Participation in creating or improving or maintaining marketing materials including brochures, posters, product videos, demo applications, sales kits and PowerPoint presentations.Participation in the decision of positioning products for the entire portfolio of the ABB CT product range. Maintaining and driving the Lifecycle support services for all Control Technology products.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A University degree or Diploma in Electrical Required Engineering with technical and commercial focus
- Required min 10 years’ experience in Control System Business in either Projects or Sales
- Required English fluent spoken and written
- Excels in expressing ABB’s messages to convince the relevant audiences
- Required good understanding of Control Systems business, the technology and customer expectations
- Required excellent presentation skills
- Required high level of expertise in ABB’s control system products.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.