Continuous Improvement Specialist
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will be working as Continuous Improvement Specialist, you will be a part of the Electrification business for Distribution Solutions Business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to Operations Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a continuous improvement culture in ABB focusing on Customer & Quality by deploying a set of CI competencies, utilizing Lean Six Sigma as the CI methodology, and creating transparency to monitor progress, within the area of responsibility, typically Continuous Improvement projects in the local organization as per targets and priorities set by the Operations manager and or Mastering multiple GB Projects.
- Continuous Improvement: Executing the local approach to continuous improvement and strategy deployment via L6S. Facilitating best practice sharing within your location. Working in cross functional teams to execute the strategy and escalate as necessary to remove roadblocks.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Through project and training, identify key team member in each function to support in execution of projects within the location. Encouraging key individuals to further develop skills inL6S and advocate for them if projects come up that need their skillset.
- Business Partnership: Understanding the organizations vision, objectives and improvement needs and suggest projects, improvement actions and L6S tools to achieve objectives.
- Implementation Resources: Be a resource for our customers’ continuous improvement efforts and stay there until the work can be sustained by their own operation. Facilitating coordination of resources machines or people or functions as necessary to achieve goals.
- Performance Transparency & Improvement: Providing organization-wide visibility of the current portfolio of continuous improvement efforts, track via metrics or KPIs progress and value from these efforts in order to help decision makers allocate resources and recognize success, with special focus on operational cost reduction.
- Capability Building: Providing training, coaching and facilitation support to individuals and teams so that they are better equipped to drive their improvement efforts for themselves.To drive standardization and consistency within the L6S project and to make sure the knowledge is well transferred within the GB community.
- Change Management: Drive transformational projects, within the scope of responsibility, with a hands-on ´Gemba´ and problem solving approach.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A degree or national diploma in Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Industrial Engineering being operations based.
- Required experience in inventory, material, and supplier management.
- Required Industrial Engineering experience in Manufacturing of electrical equipment.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.