Project Manager – Modderfontein; South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Project Manager, will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to Head of Operations, you are responsible for leading the execution of medium-size local and regional projects and ensuring that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- Project leadership: Leading the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects. Arranging and preparing for project reviews with management per ABB Policy.
- Planning and scheduling: Defining, jointly with the Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans. Experiencing with MS Projects is required.
- Project execution and control: Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Traveling to site as required and effectively monitor and control project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, quantifying and managing project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Contract claims and procurement management: Ensuring that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinating with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Stakeholder relations: Acting as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE) : Ensuring the project and personnel including contractors follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Tertiary qualification and project management certification.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in project managements.
- An excellent command of the English language is required.
- Utility and industrial electrical and substation related projects inside the country as well as the region. Possible working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese will assist greatly with regional projects.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.