Area Sales Manager,Zambia & Zimbabwe
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technology allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as an Area Sales Manager, will be part of Power Grids business based in Zambia & Zimbabwe.Reporting to the LBU Operations Manager, you are responsible for supporting the defined Sales organization and customers throughout the sales process in the assigned area. Increasing new and existing business by supporting the Sales organization to have relevant knowledge of products and markets.
- Goal setting and sales planning: Participating in sales strategy discussions for assigned area, agrees short- and long-term goals and negotiates the Product Group sales budget. Creating the area Product Group sales plans together with local sales organization.
- Marketing: Analyzing customer needs and competitor offers through general market information and information provided by local Sales organization. Ensuring efficient marketing actions and communication to local Sales organization and customers and communicates the value proposition of the products, systems, service and packages.
- Sales support: Supporting the local Sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and in the preparation of demanding offers. Providing technical support during the technical meeting, product presentations and negotiations and offers product/solution/service-related training. Responsible for defining the transfer price and selling products, systems and service to local Sales organization focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for Global Product Group.
- Post-sales support: Taking ownership of specific customer cases to ensure efficient customer issue resolution. Responsible for analyzing lost proposals to increase future competitiveness.
- Reporting: Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls. Requesting the sales forecast of assigned countries for production planning. Providing regular reports of the area sales activities and training.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Degree in Electric or Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in customer relationship building, business development and sales in the utility environment.
- Proven track record of sales of Power Grid projects and products
- In depth understanding of the market and operating environment of the target country
- Proven experience in working with cross-country teams in the business areas of Power Grids, including capture team experience.
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.