Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Car allowance
Join your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
You will be working as Sales Specialist Solar, you will be a part of the Electrification business for Smart Power Business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to Sales Manager - Solar Inverters, Sell products or systems or services within the PV Solar market in accordance with strategy. Build long-term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Volume and profit: Selling products or systems or services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for the Solar Product Groups.
- Customer relations:Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product or systems or services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Perform regular status reviews and propose recovery plans in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy.
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the PV Solar market and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer Preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Sales Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Required minimum 3 years of experience in Sales.
- Required technical Sales within the solar environment.
- Required experience in the Utility Market.
- Required good communication and problem solving skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page:
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.