Associate Project Engineer
Ngwodana, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- Job type
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will be working as Associate Project Engineer, will be reporting to Engineering Manager and will be a part of the Industrial Automation Business for Energy Industries business line based in Ngodwana, South Africa. In this role you will be supporting engineering activities under the supervision of Senior Engineer in all types of projects, sizes and complexities. Completing tasks cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Performing basic survey work, standard computations, analysis and basic design tasks. Collecting data and supporting production of the engineering design such as creating drafts for the Project Engineer to approve. Assisting other engineers in the activities such as preparation of permit applications, testing, drawings, computer aided design work. Exercising judgment on limited details of work and on application of standard methods. Preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Identifying variation requests to support contract claims issuing.
- Following work plans and estimating cost in one’s area of responsibility.
- Ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
- Supporting risk assessments and implementing result actions in one’s area of responsibility.
- Documenting and handling technical risks according to mitigation guidelines.
- Clarifying technical queries for customers. Interacting with other staff and contractors within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Collaborating with the Supply Chain function, reviewing vendor documentation, supporting preparation of RFQs, evaluating proposals, maintaining the execution of projects.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Reporting process and tool inefficiencies, along with suggesting ideas for improvement.
- Assigning tasks and coordinating work with technicians and administrative staff.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A National Diploma in Electrical engineering
- 2+ yrs. of experience in Electrical Engineering Design
- Required Coal fired Power plant experience, AutoCAD knowledge would be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand and solve complex (multi layered) issues
- Required Project Execution exp
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.