Sales Specialist, Modderfontein, South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
Join your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Electrification business offers a wide-ranging portfolio of products, digital solutions and services, from substation to socket, enabling safe, smart and sustainable electrification. Offerings encompass digital and connected innovations for low- and medium-voltage, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, power protection, wiring accessories, switchgear, enclosures, cabling, sensing and control.
You will be working as a Sales Specialist and will be a part of the Electrification business for Distribution solution business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be selling products or systems or services within a designated market in accordance with strategy. Building long-term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identifying and developing sales opportunities.
- Volume and profit: Selling products or systems or services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned business units or product groups.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product or systems or services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy.
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer Preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department or the marketing manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current).
- Minimum 6 -10 years of experience in utility sales for ELDS (medium voltage product range).
- Required good understanding and experience of working with the commercial tenders of the utility industry.
- Strong Good communication and interpersonal skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.