Project Lead Engineer – Electrical-Angola Based Position
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Car allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Automation business serves industries including oil and gas, power & water, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
You will be working as a Project Lead Engineer you will be part of the Industrial Automation Business for Energy Industries business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to engineering manager and will be responsible for technical support, acting as specialist in replacing non-ABB make relays with ABB make in O&G industry and solve problems in own expertise area. Proactively communicate with both customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for penetration and expansion. Ensuring satisfactory operation of all ABB Making numerical relays in oil and gas, chemical, marine and ports facilities in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Design and Engineering: Designing and engineering of non-ABB Control and protection relay replacement with ABB make in Oil and Gas industry. Supporting bids and proposals for new or replacement opportunities in Oil and Gas industry. Providing technical support and solves problems in own expertise area via remote or on-site service in any service category (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.)
- Consulting: Investigating customer needs through professional consulting. Providing technical consulting on Service solutions to management and customers.
- Innovation: Determining effective service applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Customer approach: Managing customer relationships and maintains regular contacts with key customers. Identifying new sales opportunities, proactively communicating both with the customer and sales teams to ensure customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for Service growth. Conducting specialist support and advisory service for sales team.
- Projects: Coordinating and performing specialist projects in relevant areas internally and externally (create milestones, project plan, cost supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision)
- Documentation and reports: Preparing all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reporting work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Continuous improvement: Proactively identifying suggestions for product and quality improvement and communicates them further. Providing recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
- Technical coordination: Providing technical specialist leadership and coordinating with service and sales team. Planning activities in a timely and cost-effective way. Coordinating the work of internal and external technicians and assigning them specific tasks related to service needs.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- • A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- • Minimum of 10 years of experience in control and protection panel of which last 5 years should be in Oil and Gas segment.
- • Required good hands on experience of more than 5-years of experience in commissioning, maintenance service of ABB 500 and 600 Series numerical relays.
- • Required good hands on experience in relay configuration and maintenance.
- • Required hands on experience in on PMS OR SCADA and C and P numerical relay system integration on Modbus OR DNP 3 OR IEC 103 on IEC 61850.
- • Strong Good communication and interpersonal skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.