Product Marketing Manager - Capacitors and Filters
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Product Marketing Manager,will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to Local Sales Division Manager ,you are responsible for defining, planning and ensuring implementation of product marketing strategies in assigned area to meet business objectives and in line with global product strategy. Overseeing all marketing activities, and supporting Sales organizations in driving sales and services of respective products. Responsible for sales of low and medium voltage capacitors and filters and battery energy storage products and solutions for Power Grids High Voltage Business within the Southern, Eastern and Western Africa markets in accordance with business strategy Building long term customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer needs and issues Identifying and developing sales opportunities.Developing direct and channeling markets to customers.
- Strategy : Creating, planning and ensuring implementation of the local go-to–market product marketing strategy including definition and communication of product value propositions and product positioning in accordance with the global product marketing strategy.
- Targets : Establishing product marketing targets and budgets. Ensuring their achievement through regular oversight, and definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Business Plans : Developing and implementing annual marketing plan in conjunction with relevant Business Units/Product Groups. Preparing business plans focused on business development for a defined market.
- Analysis : Coordinating market analyses with Product Marketing team and Sales team members and defines appropriate forecasts and plans. Evaluating and sharing customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Sales : Overseeing sales execution for assigned products by coordinating the preparation of relevant materials and guidance to Sales team(s).
- Training : Driving sales efficiency by ensuring appropriate product knowledge (technical and sales) for each Sales person. Ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- People leadership and development : Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaching, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc or B.Tech or equivalent technical qualification.
- Minimum 7-8 years of experience in selling of capacitors and power quality products, along with experience in the South African power utility and/or mining environment.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page:
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.