Account Manager , Eskom
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technology allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as an Account Manager, will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to Local Sales Manager ,you are responsible for developing, implementing and managing the account(s) strategy focused on growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. Coordinating the sales activities and managing resolution of specific customer problems.
- Account strategies : Participating in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Sales targets : Defining and proposing sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow up process.
- Account plan : Leading the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposing recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer relations : Establishing and developing account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acting as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims. Planning, facilitating and conducting customer negotiations.
- Customer knowledge : Developing, maintaining and sharing detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Volume and profit : Selling products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Unit.
- Market activity : Monitoring competitors’ activity with each account and ensuring that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Sales : Creating added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach. Communicating details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.
- Marketing : Coordinating the use of internal or external resources in order to provide value added services to accounts.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- An Engineering degree or MBA required.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in power utility industry, at least 10years of experience in an Eskom-type environment.
- Deep understanding of the power utility environment, particularly Transmission and Distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with C-suite executives as well as function leads in Eskom.
- Ability to take ownership and handle many complex problems at once, with good interaction skills and coordination capabilities of many different role players, both external and internal.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page:
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.