Durban, Kwazulu/Natal, South Africa
- Job type
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is world leader in Motion offering a wide range of products and services including drives, motors and generators. Key applications include energy conversion, actuation, automation, standardize manufacturing cells for application such as machine tending, welding, cutting, painting, finishing, palletizing, and packing and engineered system for automotive industry. ABB offers a comprehensive range of reliable and high efficiency motors and generators for all applications. Combining the best available materials with superior technology, the electric motors and generators are designed to operate reliably.
You will be working as Sales Specialist East Africa and will be a part of the Motion Business for Services business line based in Durban, South Africa. In this role you will be responsible for sales of products or systems or services within the Cape Town markets in accordance with the Motion strategy. Building long term customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer needs and issues. You will be reporting to Sales Manager.
- Responsible for developing sales to customers via Channel partners, focusing on volume, mixing and assigning profitability targets to the Business Lines and Product Groups.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promoting customer understanding of full ABB Motion products offering of LV drives and LV Motors. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Preparing business plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposing recovery plan in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Driving and Supporting channel partners in creating added value for the customer and ABB to ensure the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy such as delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions.
- Identifying channel partner training needs and coordinating suitable training with Channel Mgmt.
- Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value propositioning to channel partners in the Southern African region.
- Identifying and driving the development of new Channel partners to cover market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
- Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A National Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- A S4, T3 or N6 would be advantageous.
- Required minimum of 5 years of front-end sales experience, selling motors and drives in the marketplace.
- Required strong knowledge in the East Africa markets would be beneficial .
- Required strong network within the respective industry.
- Required in-depth knowledge of the markets for drives and mechanical products in South Africa.
- Required good communication and presentation skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.