Distribution Transformer Application Engineer (South Africa)
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Distribution Transformer Application Engineer , will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to the Hub Application Engineering Manager , you are responsible for leading the region business development, application engineering and sales of Traction and Distribution Transformers including digitalization, covering whole digital portfolio, tracking the market trends and secure the anticipated growth impact. Developing and implementing regional sales strategy aligned with global strategy to increase customer penetration through engagement with Front End and TRES sales teams, distribution channel and through promotion of service offerings and bringing the knowledge of a senior technical specialist in front of the Customers.
- Adapting and roll out the global sales strategy and business development plan to drive Distribution Transformers sales in the region. Identifying with local factories and Front-End early adopters for Transformer Intelligence and plan for pilots, generating business.
- Developing and implementing KPI’s and targets for Distribution Transformers (DRY & Oil Type) in coordination with Hub Sales Manager, to track sales, providing visibility of prospects, quotations and orders achieved and accountable to deliver sales.
- Leadership of the Sensor and Monitoring line-up along with Digital Distribution Transformers to drive sales growth.
- Coaching and training Front End, Distribution Transformers sales teams on transformer monitoring and digital Distribution Transformers by acting as a central point of contact for technical discussions between demand/supply side.
- Developing marketing and sales tools, and material as relevant in coordination with the product manager.
- Encouraging innovation within sales teams to maximize service sales opportunities.
- Securing the anticipated financial impact of the growth initiative.
- Undertaking regular follow up and tracking of growth plan implementation, launching proactive steps to mitigate slippage.
- Participating at key tradeshows and customer events, Present technical papers at International Associations.
- Monitoring and report competitor developments and providing feedback to Product Management concerning new service offerings requested by customers.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A BS degree (Electrical Engineering) from an accredited university. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Technical department (R&D, Electrical Engineering or Design) and Project Manager or Product Marketing, Sales and Business development in the assigned sector, associated with transformer businesses.
- Strong technical skills, in addition to the marketing experience, to be able to bridge the technical teams to the marketing teams in the company.
- Excellent networking skills matured in a highly international organization, “leading by influence”.
- Change management experience is a strong plus.
- Intercultural sensitiveness is required, with good communication skills in oral and written, with colleagues from multi-countries for assigned region. The person had better have international experience in the past and a strong grasp of the English.
- Be willing to travel > 60% of time.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.