Graduate Development Programme – Modderfontein; South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Power Grids South Africa is committed to the development of recently graduated individual and seeks to source, develop and increase their employability in the ever-changing world of work, hence we do our best to place and retain young talent by providing them with the best working and learning environment that allows them to learn about the business, themselves and their chosen careers. Working at AB Power Grids South Africa will expose you to not only local but regional operations where you will be paired with qualified and registered professionals to help you transition into a professional space by transferring their knowledge, skills and attributes to you and help you learn beyond what you learned in the classroom.
- Management Practice Program in partnership with a selected business school to expose you to the Business value chain so that you can accelerate your knowledge of the business environment and understand the role you play.
- For Engineering, Partner with an excellent provider who will develop both your technical and professional skills and lead you to the road to registration with ECSA.
- Various Soft skills to help you develop both personal and professional etiquette and help you navigate the world of work and speak the business language.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You should have a Degree, B-tech, Diploma or S 1-4 in any of the functions mentioned. Willing to learn and attend classes when needed. Demonstrate strong written and communication skills and overall learning attitude.
- Very Important: Please attach your academic record to your application. Your application will be immediately disqualified if this document is not attached.
- Due to overwhelming responses, should we not come back to you within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
How to Apply
Apply Online for the ABB Power Grids: Graduate Programme 2020