Channel Partner Manager
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Channel Partner Manager, will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. Reporting to the Local Sales Division Manager, you are responsible for developing and maintaining a highly effective sales channel strategy in specified market in order to improve ABB market penetration and realize growth aspirations. Responsible for planning and executing marketing and sales support to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and continuously monitor channel performance.
- Strategy : Defining and implementing the channel sales strategy and budget and ensures regular follow-up. Responsible for providing channel strategy input for the Sales team, and for harmonizing the market sales and marketing plans.
- Targets : Defining key targets (e.g. volume, prices, mix) and ensures these are achieved for the channel in the specified market. Ensuring detailed business plans with regular follow up are in place.
- Negotiations : Contributing in critical sales and key frame agreements negotiations. Supporting Channel Specialist in the offering and proposal process for channel partners.
- Partners : Identifying and evaluating channel partners together with the Channel Specialist and authorizes them in coordination with the Sales management team. Managing annual performance assessment activities for channel partners.
- Marketing : Coordinating sales and marketing efforts and pricing policies that require channel/segment partner participation. Ensuring appropriate communication, promotion and training activities in the channel/segment.
- Channel management : Evaluating and certifies Channel partners. Ensuring training for Channel and ABB personnel in aspects of marketing analysis, market segmentation, demand creation techniques, channel models and cost structures, effective channel program development and channel metrics.
- Customer relations : Supporting driving strategic partnerships, developing personal relationships with partners, customers and other decision makers.
- Risk : Monitoring client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal
- partner teams. Responsible for identifying and managing risk s relating to contract agreements and prices across customers/ channels/segments.
- People leadership and development : Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Driving and ensuring know-how sharing and cross collaboration.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B. Sc in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in T&D industries.
- Strong African market knowledge and customer network.
- Communication skills, negotiation skills ,Customer Relationship Management.
- Excellent Team player, solutions oriented.
- Strong background on Automation and Protection and Enterprise Software solutions.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.