Local Front-End Sales Manager- Motors and Generators, Motion (MOMG)
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
You will be working as a Local Front-End Sales Manager- Motors and Generators, Motion (MOMG) and will be the part of Motors Business for Motors and Generators business line based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role, you will be reporting to National Sales Manager and will be responsible for sales and business development activities for low voltage and medium voltage motors for key accounts within South African (SA) and Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) markets in accordance with the motion strategy. You will also be responsible for building long term relationship with customer, managing resolution of customer needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Volume and profit: Selling products or systems or services to customers, focusing on volume, mix, and profitability targets for assigned business units and product groups.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promoting customer understanding of full product or systems or services offering, and providing a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB and ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracting, and proposing by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- Newmarket opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supporting collection activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department or the marketing manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in front-end sales (visiting customers) for LV and MV motors in the marketplace (Induction Motors).
- Work requires in-depth knowledge of the markets for LV & MV motors in South African & SSA markets.
- Required strong team management skills and motivating the team members.
- Strong network within the respective industry.
- High level of technical skills and experience with electrical products is required in order to provide technical support and solutions to our customers.
- Must be good in communication, presentable, dynamic, and possess good presentation skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers . Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.