Local Business Area Manager
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
- Retirement plan
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
You will be working as Local Business Area Manager and will be a part of the Motion Business Area for Motors and Generators Division based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to Lead Business Manager and will be driving profitable business growth through the local implementation of Global Motion Strategy in allocated markets. Leading Motion teams and managing business activities in allocated markets including the full scope of Research & Development (R&D), Marketing and Sales, Operations (Production and Project Management), Supply Chain, Quality, and Operational Excellence to deliver superior customer experience. Setting the strategic direction for the business and organization in local markets to achieve continuous improvement and sustainable growth.
- Implementing the global business strategy and ensuring business development and profitable growth in local markets. Providing input to Lead Business Manager, Regional Teams and Global Business as requested.
- Ensuring development of financial and business performance targets in line with global motion strategy and ensuring achievement through developing and executing plans. Delivering financial targets set for business lines and product groups as budgeted as well as delivering business strategic targets.
- Evaluating market opportunities in line with motion strategy and coordinating activities with other local business and across the region.
- Ensuring profitable business growth within the local business and allocated markets. Delivering profitable business growth in the country and allocated markets by maximizing geographic coverage and channel penetration, as well as focusing on industry segments in the domestic allocated market.
- Working closely with regional and global teams to best utilize resources available and generating growth opportunities for Motion in allocated markets.
- Developing and sustaining a customer-centric culture within the organization and across different teams and functions. Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure superior customer experience.
- Taking a leadership role in ensuring ABB standards are met with regard to culture, health and safety, environment, security and integrity across the area of responsibility. Implementing HSE and business compliance standards and regulations in the country on behalf of the business.
- Building and sustaining performance-driven culture and high performing organization. Building team coordination with HR and ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of management and leadership experience (strategy, management of complexity) in a similar role in a global company.
- Proven track record of leading organizations during transformation journey.
- Required strong commercial and sales skills.
- Required understanding of Motion business and portfolio, manufacturing and product business.
- Required strong leadership and communication skill.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.