Local Business Area Manager, Motion, South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Car allowance
- Disability insurance
- Retirement plan
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
You will be working as a Local Business Area Manager and will be part of the Motion Business Area based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to the Lead Business Manager and will be responsible for driving profitable business growth through the local implementation of Global Motion strategy in the allocated markets. You will be also leading Motion team and managing business activities in the allocated markets including the full scope of Research & Development (R&D), Marketing and Sales, Operations (Production and Project Management), Supply Chain, Quality and Operational Excellence to deliver superior customer experience. You will also be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the business and organization in local markets to achieve continuous improvement and sustainable growth.
- Implementing the global business strategy and ensuring business development and profitable growth in the local markets. Providing inputs to the Lead Business Manager, Regional Teams and Global Business as requested.
- Ensuring development of financial and business performance targets in line with the global motion strategy and ensuring achievement through developing and executing plans. Delivering financial and business strategic targets set for the business lines and product groups as budgeted.
- Evaluating market opportunities in line with the motion strategy and coordinating activities with the other local business and across the region.
- Ensuring profitable business growth within the local business and allocated markets. Delivering profitable business growth in the country and allocated markets by maximizing geographic coverage and channel penetration as well as focusing on industry segments in the domestic allocated market.
- Working closely with regional and global teams to best utilize resources available and generating growth opportunities for the Motion Business in allocated markets.
- Developing and sustaining a customer-centric culture within the organization and across different teams and functions. Building and maintaining strong relationship with the new and existing customers to ensure superior customer experience.
- Taking a leadership role in ensuring that ABB standards are meeting with regards to culture, health and safety, environment, security and integrity across the area of responsibility. Implementing HSE (Health, Safety and Efficacy), business compliance standards and regulations in the country on behalf of the business.
- Building and sustaining performance-driven culture and a high performing organization. Building team coordination with HR and ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within the HR policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of management and leadership experience (strategy, management of complexity) in a global company.
- Proven track record of leading organizations during transformation journey.
- Strong commercial and sales skills required.
- Required understanding of the Motion business, manufacturing and product business.
- Required strong leadership and communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers. Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.