Service Manager - Oil & Gas
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will be working as a Service Manager - Oil & Gas and will be the part of Industrial Automation Business area for Energy Industries Division based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for Implementing service strategy and driving service growth locally at the respective local unit level. You will also be leading the service organization and would be responsible for the P&L to achieve performance targets to optimize the
utilization of service resources.
- Service Strategy: Driving implementation of the service strategy as a member of the local management team. Ensuring corresponding plans are implemented consistently in the Service organization through collaboration with other businesses or hub.
- Performance Targets: Driving, implementing, reporting and monitoring performance targets as part of the global (or) local unit P&L (financial, productivity, investments, customer satisfaction, operational excellence, etc.).
- Service Delivery: Running the day to day service business to ensure profitable growth and improvement of Service productivity. Implementing agreed delivery and performance standards to ensure consistency in quality and customer
- Customer Approach: Executing the (global) service and delivery sales channel strategy within the local unit. Implementing productized service offerings and materials for marketing purposes and invests in service sales to increase market penetration. Building sustainable customer relationships to ensure local client growth, satisfaction and retention together with Sales. Supporting sales resources in customer meetings. Driving consistent development of processes and practices based on
- customer feedback (Net Promoter Score (NPS)).
- Operational Excellence: Investing in improving the quality of existing service products and developing new service products to expand the portfolio in line with global direction.
- Health, Safety & Integrity: Taking responsibility for health and safety of the local Business Unit or product group service team. Enforcing a service safety and integrity culture throughout the Service organization.
- People leadership and Development: Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and
- directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates. Improving service availability, providing training and developing capabilities and competencies.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- A Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Candidate should have more than 10 years of electrical experience and more than 5 years of experience in management.
- Candidates holding any management program would be preferred.
- Should have background of engineering and commissioning
- Candidate should have good understanding on Low voltage, Medium Voltage, Relays, Switchgear, Breakers, Transformers, Protection and Testing.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers . Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.