Sales Engineer- Cape Town
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing impact on the environment.
You will be working as a Sales Engineer and will be the part of Motion Business Area for Drive Products Division based in Cape Town, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to the Sales Manager and will be responsible for sales of Drive Products and System Drives for the Western and Eastern Cape Region in accordance with the Motion strategy. Building long term relations with customers and providing resolution to their needs and issues.
- Volume and profit: Selling medium voltage and low voltage drives products to customers by focusing on growing market share through annual budget by account, orders forecast, gap to budget, time to quote, hit-rate by account, customer segmentation and cash collection.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution and manage customer expectation. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process striving for “superior customer satisfaction”.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans by using company tools. Performing regular status and proposing recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls. Achieving profitability targets for the medium voltage and low voltage drives products.
- Sales Adding value for the customer and ensuring the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes and supporting collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department or marketing manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in S4, T3 or N6 Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years front end sales experience in low voltage or medium voltage drives.
- Strong knowledge of the drives market in the Western & Eastern Cape Region would be beneficial.
- Strong network within the MV and LV drives market.
- Work requires an exceptional high level of technical skills, applications knowledge and experience with drives products in order to provide technical support and quotes to our customer base.
- Work requires an in-depth knowledge of the markets for drives products in South Africa.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers . Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.