Senior Payroll Specialist -1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our mission Human Resources (HR) is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people- from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
You will be working as a Senior Payroll Specialist and will be the part of Global Business Services Business Area for HR Operational Services Division based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role, you will be reporting to the GBS Front Office Manager and will be responsible for executing accurate payroll (End to end – Full function, including 3rd party recons and payments) processes as a specialist for payroll of assigned group of employees in South Africa and extending support to international payroll (Southern African Countries). Ensuring appropriate support for internal customers and oversee accurate and timely processing of information with all stakeholders.
- Pre-Payroll: Managing and preparing payroll input data. Validating time and attendnce data and download from Jarrison system an upload into SAP. Resolving any PY data discrepancies.
- Payroll Processing – Gross to Net: Executing controls and payroll checking for processing final payroll run and checking of variance report and audit trail report.
- Post payroll processing: Performing payroll validation for approve payroll result and payouts. Generating GL file and upload to finance for assisting finance team with account clearing. (employee vendor & Bank). Transmitting payroll file to the bank to notify treasury of pending payment. Supporting administration and submission of IRP5.
- Other Payroll services: Managing periodic payroll processes for example off cycle payments and ensuring the utilization the Ask HR tool.
- International Payroll run: Coordinating payroll process for the cluster countries with GBS Hub office Bangalore.
- Performing: Preparing information and documents for internal as well as external authorities (social security, income tax, etc.).
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field. HR Diploma/ Payroll will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of strong experience required in Payroll.
- Candidate should have working experience in SAP.
- Ability to work with IT tools or applications and required strong skills to work with Microsoft Office applications – in particular, Microsoft Teams, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers . Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.