Head of Communications/ Communications Manager, South Africa
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Process Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
You will be working as Head of Communications / Communications Manager and will be part of Process Automation Business Area for Energy Industries Division based in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role you will be reporting to Global Vice President Communications and will responsible for Process Automation (PA) division’s communications in the market and driving awareness amongst key stakeholders such as business, trade, media, customers, and other key opinion leaders. Managing external and internal communications within in the country on behalf of ABB by acting as a spokesperson and engaging in crisis management and ensuring positive branding of ABB in the market.
- Aligning and optimizing local communications strategy and preparing roadmap for Process Automation (PA) division towards media, customers, employees and stakeholders by keeping in consideration of the objectives and priorities of local or global division's communication management.
- Supporting the division in implementing the local communication campaign aligning with the local or global team and executing activities and campaigns.
- Optimizing cross Process Automation (PA) division’s communications activities within the country and other regions.
- Driving PA campaigns into the local market and managing ABB’s participation at strategic events and conferences. Authorizing ABB country spokesperson towards the local business media.
- Leading crisis communications management of the country crisis task force. Guiding other divisions on the crises and issues and ensuring all internal issues and crises are handled effectively without having any negative impact on the brand and the organization. Managing the external crisis communication agency as per the global processes.
- Managing local communication council across business areas to foster collaboration and ensuring governance of local communication channels including internet, intranet, employee tools and social media.
- Managing internal communications and ensuring to comply with the GDPR (General Data Privacy Regulations).
- Ensuring transparency and efficiency in allocating and managing the communication budget. Supporting global teams on the implementation of key projects across all business areas.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or similar discipline.
- Minimum 6-10 years of management experience in Marketing, Communication Management or Public Relations in a matrix style organization.
- Candidates should have in-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of internal and external communications mix.
- Candidates must have experience in copywriting and editing for business communications and should have prior experience in customer communications and campaign management.
- Strong business partnering and collaboration skills with the experience of managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent command over English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy and for any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers . Take note, that only application received via the ABB Career page will be considered.