Senior Embedded Software Engineer: C++
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
- Vast dienstverband
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is a worldwide company and leader in the field of the transmission and distribution of electricity, process and production automation as well as electrical, electronic and installation engineering products and systems.
ABB building technologies transform your life into a whole new experience. ABB is the world-leading provider of smart home, smart building and intelligent community solutions with a pragmatic and innovative spirit as well as total contribution to social and environmental responsibility and sustainability. Our solutions help you to make your buildings intelligent and shaped to the future.
Within this division we are also the market leader for fast chargers that allow Electrical Vehicles drivers to charge a car in 20 minutes. In this highly technological and rising market, we are developing and supplying these Electrical Vehicle Charger Infrastructure across the globe.
Based in our locations in Rijswijk, the Netherlands we are looking for a:
Senior Embedded Software Engineer: C++
For the development of its Terra™ fast charging equipment, ABB Product Group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- You will design and develop the embedded applications for our EV battery fast charger products;
- You will be one of our C++ developers that will create solutions for our market opportunities;
- You will work in a small Scrum team of talented engineers in an open and informal environment; - Together you will bring the product from idea to implementation.
- You possess demonstrated experience in product design and development lifecycle (specification, architecture & design, implementation, integration, testing, configuration management, bug tracking & solving);
- You have demonstrated embedded C/C++ programming skills – typically 5 years or more experience;
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience with Java projects;
1 | Senior Embedded Software Engineer: C++ and Java
- You are skilled in working with Linux in the context of an embedded product;
- You have proven experience in product design and development
- You can work in multi-disciplinary teams, clear verbal communicator in at least English (and preferably also with knowledge of Dutch);
- You have good analytical and engineering skills;
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent skill level; - Having experience with agile principles is preferred.
More about us
We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment.
In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and real opportunities for growth.
Register your CV and apply online via www.abb.be by clicking on ‘Careers’. For questions regarding the open position please contact Robel Kidanemariam, George Hintzenweg 81, 3068 AX Rotterdam, 31649689079