Power System - Internship
Kraków, Malopolskie, Polska
- Rodzaj pracy
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Corporate Research Center located in Krakow is one of seven ABB research units in the world. Here we create innovative solutions for our products and systems. It is unique opportunity for you to work on international projects in interdisciplinary scientific teams. To our team we are looking for a candidate for a position: Power System - Internship.
- Simulations and analysis of power system protection and control application;
- Implementation of a selected set of algorithms in MATLAB, PSCAD or ATP-EMTP;
- Digital signal processing of simulated or recorded signals;
- Automation of batch simulations runs using R, PYTHON or MATLAB;
- Aggregation and data mining of simulated or recorded siglans;
- Technical reports preparation.
- Student of electrical engineering, electronics, technical physics, telecommunication, automatic control and robotics or other similar technical field (at least 3rd year of study);
- SEP certificate up to 1 kV or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of electrical circuits and electric control circuits;
- Good analytical skills.
- A general knowledge in the power system protection domain;
- Basics of programming languages: C, C++, R, PYTHON;
- Good knowledge of technical English;
- Knowledge of simulation tools (e.g.: MATLAB, PS-CAD, EMTP-ATP, Simulink, Spice) will be an additional asset;
- Ability to use a measuring equipment;
More about us
- An interesting internship in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies;
- Paid internship;
- Long term cooperation;
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent working environment.
To apply for the position, please send your CV in English via this page.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
We kindly ask you to include in the Curriculum Vitae the following passage: "I hereby agree for my personal data,
included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on
Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended)."