R&D Engineer: Control & Protection Electronics
Kraków, Malopolskie, Polska
- Rodzaj pracy
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a
future where innovative digital technologies allow greater
access to cleaner energy.
The Corporate Research Center located in Krakow is one of seven ABB research units in the world. Here we create innovative solutions for our products and systems.
We are seeking you to enforce our R&D team for Power Grids: HVDC Control & Protection Electronics. Over 60 years ago, ABB introduced a new way of transmitting electricity across long distances with minimum losses – High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC).
It’s a unique opportunity for you to work on international projects in interdisciplinary,talented teams working on HVDC technology which is a key enabler in the future energy system based on renewables, truly shaping the grid of the future.
- - You will participate in the entire development process of new hardware platform for HVDC Control & Protection system (robust design, analogue/digital electronics, optoelectronics);
- - Conceptual design of hardware platform based on requirements;
- - Participation in simulations, schematics and layout;
- - Prototyping,validation and testing;
- - Preparing and managing technical documentation;
- - Cooperation with international teams;
- - At least Master degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field;
- - At least 3 to 4 years of hardware design experience of analogue and digital circuits;
- - Practical knowledge of hardware design process and tools (e.g. SPICE, Altium, PADS, CADSTAR);
- - Experience with laboratory equipment and circuit boards testing;
- - Analytical skills to solve problems systematically;
- - Proactive, motivated and open-minded, results oriented team player;
- - Communicative English and good communication skills;
- It would also be advantageous to have:
- - Expierience with high speed electronics circuits (FPGA, CPUs, Memories, Backplanes);
- - Experience with fiber optics communication;
- - Experience with Power Electronics (gate drivers, power supplies);
- - Experience in product certification, EMC, signal and power integrity;
- - Knowledge of electronics reliability: FMEA, quality assurance;
More about us
- Cooperation with international technology development teams;
- The opportunity to cultivate ideas throughout the development process from concept to market release;
- An exciting work environment allowing further professional development;
- Work in an employee-oriented company;
- Friendly atmosphere with great team spirit;
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
- Opportunity to develop your own innovative projects.
To apply for the position, please send your application Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter via this page or using button under the advert.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
We kindly ask you to include in the Curriculum Vitae the following:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.