PLC / C++ Software Engineer
Kraków, Malopolskie, Polska
- Rodzaj pracy
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime.
You will contribute significantly to successful results in implementing Propulsion Control Unit that controls vessel’s propulsion and steering system in Marine and Ports R&D Kraków division. You will utilize your knowledge and skills in technology and product development to identify and implement innovative solutions.
Learn more about ABB Marine & Ports: https://youtu.be/DGH2oJEj6V4
- Participate in developing PLC and C++ applications related to vessels propulsion control unit
- Develop domain technical knowledge and participate in project planning, execution and R&D activities
- Assist the QA team with new product releases and bug fixes
- Collaborate with other ABB R&D sites and teams contributing to the program to ensure that efforts are coordinated
- Create, perform and automate tests of the system
- Document your designs and architectures
- More than 2 years of professional experience in software development
- BA or MA degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in PLC programming
- Knowledge of C/C++ including object-oriented analysis, design, programming and key infrastructure technologies and databases
- Good command of English
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A target-oriented way of working and a strong development drive with the ability to analyze issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next PLC / C++ Software Engineer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.