IT Operational Support Engineer for Marine
Kraków, Malopolskie, Polska
- Rodzaj pracy
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime.
Remote Diagnostic System for Marine (RDS) is already installed worldwide on board of over 200 vessels. Dedicated solutions enable monitoring of physical assets in the power and propulsion chain, allowing to reduce or prevent downtime.
You will be part of Marine Operational Team working on Remote Diagnostic Services (RDS). RDS is a system which is already installed worldwide, on board of over 200 vessels. Dedicated solutions enable monitoring of physical assets in the power and propulsion chain, allowing to reduce or prevent downtime. You will be cooperating closely with development and analytics teams in international environment in order to provide reliable, well received system. You will contribute significantly to successful results in RDS projects in Marine & Ports team in Kraków. Reporting to the Marine Digital Service Operational Manager, you will utilize your knowledge and skills in technology and/or product development to identify and implement innovative solutions.
Watch the videos to learn more about operations in ABB Marine & Ports:
- Provide global technical support for RDS installed base.
- Diagnostic maintenance and periodical system check ups.
- Development of operational tools and applications.
- Online software commissioning.
- Build and maintain good customer relations.
- Maintain product-related documentation.
- Cooperate with operational and development teams.
- A degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- Basic programming skills (scripts, batch files, C#) and basic knowledge of MS SQL databases and .NET framework.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good command of English.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Although not obligatory, it’s beneficial if you know TCPIP and the industry standards of communications.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Apply now for this job and become IT Operational Support Engineer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the
recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016
on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such
data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.