Bid & Proposal Managers to HVDC
Ludvika, Dalarnas län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
You will be part of the product group HVDC within the Power Grids division in Ludvika. The HVDC technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and is used to transmit power over long distances with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems. Please find out more about our world leading technology at www.abb.com/hvdc.
- You should like to grow with the challenge that comes with the sales of complex large projects.
- You should be enticed by working with tenders in a high performing international environment.
- As Senior Bid & Proposal Manager, your task will be to craft and assure that our bid strategy for a specific project is implemented and fulfilled, that our client relations are managed and ultimately that ABBs total offering is consolidated and conveyed.
- You will be working closely with the business unit Grid Systems’ global sales team and be responsible for managing the entire bid process with the ultimate aim to present ABB’s offer to the end client and securing the project based on best competitiveness.
- You will be leading a Bid & Proposal team of technical, legal, tax, insurance and commercial experts in digesting and translating client requirements and needs into a competitive overall solution based on the ABB portfolio.
- Our projects have extensive international coverage, which means that you will have frequent contacts with colleagues as well as clients in other countries.
- You are to be living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience of project management of large scale projects and large scale system sales and tendering.
- Enjoy working in teams in a high demand environment and are used to dealing with international business clients.
- Technical and commercial experience of HVDC systems or similar, is an advantage as you will be working with HVDC .
- Used to handle many tasks simultaneously and to work structured and methodically.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Communicative and outgoing, especially since the position entails interaction with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external across all organizational levels.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Recruiting Managers: Martin Östling and Thomas Gunnarsson +46 240-78 39 93 /+4621-81 42 25, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer:Torbjörn Wilund +46240-78 25 73; Unionen: Stefan Barkman +46240-78 33 04; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund +46240-78 29 12. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Sofia Lindblom +46240-78 46 23. We look forward to receiving your application by August 23.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.