Västerås, Västmanlands län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Contract Manager. In this role you will be part of HVDC, a business line within the division Power Grids. With analytical, hands-on and autonomous approach, you contribute to the successful performance of Contract Management in the tendering, procurement and execution phase towards Customers, Consortium Partners and Subcontractors. Do you enjoy working in teams to enhance their performance through your competence? Are you looking for a position, where you can work and interface with various business and project disciplines and work as a part of a Contract Management team? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
- 1. Contract Governance:
- Ensure the portfolio of contracts (Customer, Consortium and Subcontracts) in the business follow contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Provides guidance and leadership on contract related matters to cross¬ functional business team members.
- Applies sound legal awareness and liaises with legal, technical departments and advisors.
- Supports and coordinates with relevant ABB functions the handling of all contractual matters in respect of compliance, export control, export trade finance, insurance, tax, etc.
- 2. Tender preparation and negotiation:
- In support of ABB Legal, or in lieu of it if no ABB Legal is available, performs the reviews and comments on commercial, Contractual and technical tender terms and conditions and any necessary task during the tendering stage (e.g. risk reviews, qualification documents, etc.).
- Develops contract strategy based on ABB’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy considering risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- 3. Contract execution (from project kick-off to project closure):
- Identifies the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlights areas of opportunities and potential risk.
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts / subcontracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- 4. Subcontracting:
- Supports drafting of Contracts, Subcontracts and Supply Contracts and ensures that relevant (supply / sub) contracts contain appropriate contract terms to protect ABB's interest including flow-down of main contract terms.
- 5. Contract Close Out:
- Verifies that all parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- Assesses the success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting.
- Documents and communicates to all relevant parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process.
- 6. Contract, claims and disputes:
- Establishes and enforces standard methodologies in portfolio of contracts to identify, notify, enforce or defend changes / claims coming from / towards third parties including insurance claims.
- In conjunction with ABB Legal, develops the negotiation strategy and supports negotiations. Supports ABB Legal in handling formal dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration proceedings. Notifies and liaises with ABB Legal to report major claims and keeps ABB Legal updated on any critical development during project execution.
- 7. Risk Management:
- Analyzes areas of potential opportunity and risk.
- Supports the development and implementation of risk mitigation and opportunity plans in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- 8. Insurance:
- Ensures insurance provisions within the contract are adhered to and coordinates with Insurance Risk Management regarding occurrences that may be covered by customer / third party or ABB provided insurance.
- Ability to read, write, speak and negotiate in Swedish and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Economics or Law.
- Preferably 7 years or more experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission or similar industrial plant Contract Management and Subcontract Management functions (with emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements.
- Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Ability to interface with customers and subcontractors regarding matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Ability to work in a corporate office and/or project site environment.
- Ability to communication efficiently with Clients in accordance with Contract.
- Strong understanding of various forms of contract.
More about us
Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Annika Lokrantz +4624-078 35 23, Unionen: Göran Börjesson +46240-78 32 89, Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +4624-078 29 12. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Sofia Lindblom, +46240-78 46 23. Welcome with your application by August 31.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Din shortlist Din shortlist
Lägg till intressanta jobb i din shortlist så att du smidigt kan gå igenom dem senare.
Urvalslistan sparas lokalt och är därför tillgänglig enbart från samma enhet
Skicka jobb i shortlist till din e-postadress.
Shortlist har skickats
Någonting gick tyvärr fel
Ange en giltig e-postadress.