Civil Design Manager
Ludvika, Dalarnas län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current), a business unit within ABB’s Power Grids division located in Ludvika. The unit develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. This ABB developed HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems.
- Managing different disciplines and coordinating the civil design projects
- Contributing to design reviews and verification
- Taking responsibility for technical documentation
- Initiating and driving continuous improvement activities
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum two years of civil work experience (more is advantage)
- Experience with coordination of all disciplines of the station design
- Site experience is an advantage
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
- Positive and proactive attitude and high focus on quality
- Fluency in English, written and spoken alike.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Lerena Avila, +46 240 78 25 61, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Torbjörn Wilund, +46 240-78 25 73; Unionen: Stefan Barkman +46 240-78 33 04; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 240-78 29 12. All other questions can be directed to Recruitment Consultant Elias Ströberg, +46 240 78 34 45.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until August 20, 2019, so don’t delay – apply today!
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.
Din shortlist Din shortlist
Lägg till intressanta jobb i din shortlist så att du smidigt kan gå igenom dem senare.
Urvalslistan sparas lokalt och är därför tillgänglig enbart från samma enhet
Skicka jobb i shortlist till din e-postadress.
Shortlist har skickats
Någonting gick tyvärr fel
Ange en giltig e-postadress.