Document Control Manager
Ludvika, Dalarnas län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current), which is a business unit within ABB’s Power Grids division located in Ludvika. The unit develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. This ABB developed HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems.
- In this position, you will be responsible for Project Document Management in HVDC projects. It means that you will control, coordinate and compile project documentation and information.
- Your tasks include storing and managing documents in our document management system, from project start to customer delivery.
- With several projects running in parallel, you will continuously handle projects at different stages.
- The work varies between strategic and operative document management tasks.
- Customer contact regarding document management topics is also a part of the daily tasks.
- You will read customer contracts and specifications, manage the requirements, calculate risks and make calculations.
- Together with your colleagues, you will also take part of process improvements for project documentation processes.
- Establishing a procedural framework for identifying, collecting, distributing and filing the controlled documents for the project. This involves writing and maintaining document control procedures and participating in the development and roll-out of document control tools.
- Ensure the project team members are provided with adequate training and support to enable them to successfully use the procedures and document management system in use by the project.
- Proactively conduct “spot audits” of project teams to facilitate their understanding of and enhance their compliance to document controls procedures.
- Process incoming documentation (registration in the DMS, internal distribution, archiving).
- Process outgoing documentation (transmit to client and/or suppliers).
- Ensure all documentation are correctly identified, distributed and filed/stored within the document management system.
- Assist in the preparation and issue of reports and registers related to project documentation.
- Communicate with project teams, suppliers/3rd parties to agree standards, systems, efficient flow of documentation, handover and close-out of project activity to ensure consistency in document control as required.
- Monitor documentation review and approval progress in accordance with agreed time-schedule.
- Monitoring of documentation progress in cooperation with the project planner.
- Produce internal and external (clients and suppliers) over-due reports.
- Ensuring the use of standardized forms and templates.
- Assistance in DMS project set-up and facilitate project communication process.
- Establish and maintain the Master Document Register in cooperation with the project team.
- Tender work. Read customer specifications and contract, manage requirements and calculate risks and make calculations.
- The position is based in Ludvika.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A suitable candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience in the function.
- In your previous positions you have most likely worked with processes and structures.
- To be successful in this role, you need excellent computer skills and preferably good knowledge in MS Excel.
- Experience from any document management system is advantageous.
- As you will be part of a global business, fluency in English and Swedish is required, written and spoken alike. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- On a personal level, you are structured, accurate, and have a curious mind-set.
- You have clear leadership qualities and like working in a team as well as independently.
- Moreover, you are responsive and customer oriented and have the ability to see the opportunities in your work.
- As you are an engaged person who can speak up for your issues, you manage the work in a forward direction.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and
experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the
first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Is this the right role for you? Search for job-ID SE69036269. We look forward to receiving your application by 2019-09-15.
Recruiting Manager, Göran Börjesson +46240-78 32 89, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Torbjörn Wilund +46240-78 25 73 , Unionen: Stefan Barkman +46240-78 33 04,
Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46240-78 29 12. All other questions can be directed to Recruitment Consutant Elias Ströberg +46240-78 34 45. Welcome to apply!