Senior Project Engineer
Ludvika, Dalarnas län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of HVDC within the Power Grid division in Ludvika. The HVDC technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and is used to transmit power over long distances with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems.
At HVDC you will create a sustainable future. If you are ready to meet the technological challenges within control and protection systems – together with a team of driven junior engineers and senior experts representing about 43 nationalities – then you can expect an equally exciting and ever-changing time ahead of you.
- Create concept design for our customized control and protection systems.
- Work with detailed design, system integration and test-based development.
- Perform verification of our control and protection schemes – executed in test rooms and on-site.
- Lead a technical area and being part of a dedicated project team in which we work together throughout all phases of our extensive projects.
- Being part of a technical expert team provide guidance to junior engineers in technical issues and drive technical discussions with customers.
- Collaboration is a central part of your new position that will provide you with a great starting point in our organization with possibilities of further career opportunities.
- You have the benefit to travel globally during the commissioning period at the end of each project.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A university degree within a relevant technical area along with competence within system design or electrical expertise.
- Experience or a big interest in control and protection systems is a requirement.
- Work with commissioning of control and protection systems in the past or experience with control and protection system of HVDC projects, AC relays or digital protections, is an advantage.
- You master English and enjoy working in an international setting where you exchange knowledge with people from all over the world.
- You are a driven problem solver who eagerly takes initiatives and always delivers on time and according to expectations.
- You are motivated by contributing to company continued development and ready to be away abroad for periods of time.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and
experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the
first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Recruiting manager, Vasileios Sotiriou, +462 4068 7494, will answer you questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Annika Lokrantz, +462 4078 3523, Mikael Hjort, +462 4078 2986; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +462 4078 2912; Unionen: Stefan Barkman, +462 4078 3304; IF Metall, Ronnie Djupman, +462 4078 3631. Other questions can be directed to Recruitment Consultant Elias Ströberg, +462 4078 3445.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.