Engineering Manager - Electrical Design
Västerås, Västmanlands län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Seize this opportunity to take on a highly visible managerial position in a global organization with challenging projects and great opportunities to develop and influence FACTS business. In this position you will be given both the possibility to deepen and broaden your knowledge of the FACTS business, and the opportunity to grow as a leader. The FACTS technology enables power system owners to increase capacity within existing power systems. As a result, greater amounts of power reach customers with minimal environmental impact and at lower investment costs. The ABB’s Grid and Power Quality Solutions (GPQS) unit (former FACTS – Flexible AC Transmission Systems) in Västerås pioneered this technology and remains the market leader in developing and marketing this groundbreaking technology to customers worldwide.
- Leading and inspiring a team of electrical engineers to deliver high-quality and cost-effective engineering solutions to our customers.
- Ensuring great competence and growth, while taking on budget and finance responsibility.
- Being in close contact with managers and other stakeholders across the organization in your pursuit to ensure the right technical contribution in sales and order projects.
- Responsibility for risk management and supply chain management - all in a global and dynamic work environment at the very forefront of technology.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering with a major in Power Systems or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ experience from a leading position – for example a line management position, a position within project management or similar.
- Ideally, a background in electrical design, preferably within a multi-project oriented business.
- Being familiar with managing supplier services and working with distributed engineering, is an advantage.
- A confident leader who facilitates teamwork and communicates clearly at all levels.
- Organized, responsive and solution-driven personality, with a strong focus on delivering results.
- Proficiency in English and Swedish is a must.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Recruiting manager Johan Frank, +4670 642 26 35, will be happy to answer your questions regarding this position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Magnus Tarle, +4621 32 40 11; Unionen: Ingrid Rinaldo, +4621 32 48 19; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621 32 85 47. All other questions should be directed to recruitment consultant Märta Grimaldi, +4673 684 41 15.
Please apply for this position at https://new.abb.com/se/en/careers, quoting job ID: SE69080040 as applicable. Your application should reach us no later than September 6, 2019, and include your CV, a cover letter and any relevant qualification certificates.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.
Din shortlist Din shortlist
Lägg till intressanta jobb i din shortlist så att du smidigt kan gå igenom dem senare.
Urvalslistan sparas lokalt och är därför tillgänglig enbart från samma enhet
Skicka jobb i shortlist till din e-postadress.
Shortlist har skickats
Någonting gick tyvärr fel
Ange en giltig e-postadress.