R&D Engineer HVDC System Design
Ludvika, Dalarnas län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain. Its offering includes transformers, high-voltage products, power transmission systems, and grid integration and automation solutions – to enable a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
The HVDC R&D department is responsible for all R&D within HVDC technology. This includes all parts of HVDC technology ranging from overall system design to valve and control platform design. Please find out more about our world leading technology at www.abb.com/hvdc.
- Are you aspire to become a member of our department focusing on HVDC system R&D?
- You will, together with your fellow experts and specialists, push the boundaries of our frontline technology in the world´s leading HVDC engineering company.
- You will work in different technical areas within HVDC system to develop innovative solutions for a highly robust and cost-efficient HVDC converter, meanwhile meeting the constant new requirements from customers, with an open-minded R&D spirit.
- The R&D tasks within our department will make it possible for you to go deeper in the technical areas such as main circuit design, insulation, harmonic and system control and protection etc.
- You will be living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A PhD or Master’s, preferably with a major in electric power or engineering physics.
- A sound knowledge on power converters in high voltage applications, is a key to be a successful candidate.
- A few years working experience, preferable within HVDC technology.
- Experience from working in R&D and in tools such as MATLAB, PSCAD/EMTDC, or similar.
- A team player who wants to learn, share knowledge and actively participate in the operative changes.
- Analytical, organized and strive to keep up front with, and develop, the newest technology.
- Understanding of technology is the foundation for your interest in developing and becoming an expert in your area.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written, as you will be working in an international environment.
More about us
Markus Holm, Recruiting Manager, +46 240 78 29 04, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Torbjörn Wilund +46240-782573, Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 240 78 29 12; Unionen: Stefan Barkman +46240-783304. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Hanna Kontsu, +46 21 32 53 25.
Last day to apply is 2019-08-31. Selection process will be handled continuously. We look forward to receiving your application.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.