Global Product Management
Västerås, Västmanlands län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
This is a unique opportunity to pursue a challenging global role in a business line with a focus on electrification where you will be part of defining the future of two evolving portfolios. We are seeking a new member to our Global Product Management team for Arc Guard System and Pilot Devices to help us lead and implement strategies that will take us to the next level. This is a highly visible role with great opportunities for personal growth. Together with an international team you will work to connect the customer to the business.
- It is a role with a lot of variety since you will be interacting cross functionally with people internally, e.g. R&D, operations and sales but also externally to our customers and partners.
- You will manage the product from both technical and business perspectives and deal with people from different cultures and nationalities and represent the voice of the customer in our organization.
- As Global Product Specialist you will practice informal leadership and you will be highly visible in our organization, building your international network.
- In this challenging and broad role you will gain expertise in our product portfolio, our business model and our market.
- You will meet our key existing and potential customers gathering their current and future needs to ensure that we can deliver superior products, solutions and values.
- A great opportunity to develop an exciting career within ABB where you can continue your development in several different disciplines and you will always have new things to learn.
- Market situation analysis: Follows and understands global standards, market and customer requirements and their impact on the product portfolio.
- Conducts evaluations of market size and trends, conducts competitor analyses including identification of product gaps and evaluates the ABB position.
- Existing portfolio: Ensures technical solutions can be used across the Product Group's portfolio as far as is possible.
- Manages the technical specification of product assigned and supports the Product Manager in developing the business case for product developments, maintenance and cost reduction.
- Follows major warranty cases and quality cost drivers for assigned products and ensures a resolution.
- New portfolio development: Collects and analyses standards, market requirements, customer needs and values as an input for producing a product roadmap.
- From identified opportunities, supports the Global Product Manager in creating the business case for product development projects.
- Product market communications: Prepares product market communication materials, including support for new product launches.
- Product values: Clarifies product positioning within the portfolio, with defined values per product line to address different segment needs.
- Offering to market: Keeps Product Group, Sales and channels informed on topics related to the product, such as new product availability, market, competition, quality, configuration, trends and limitations.
- Provides sales support, participates in customer meetings and attends trade shows on request. Supports marketing programs.
- Ensures appropriate training material is available for use both internally and externally.
- Process development: Drives technical solutions across the product line.
- Maintains and follows annual cycle of activities to govern product management for assigned products.
- First and foremost, your personal qualities are vital for your success.
- As Global Product Specialist it is essential that you are an analytical leader and a team player with an independent and solution oriented working style.
- Moreover, we expect you to be structured and able to grasp the bigger picture.
- In addition, you have a strong customer focus combined with market and competitor awareness.
- You are also a curious, confident, ambitious and self-motivated person, who thrives in a cross-functional environment.
- With your collaborative and communicative skills, you contribute to a great team spirit.
- As a foundation, you hold a university degree in a technical field and are proficient in MS Office applications.
- Background in Product Management or Marketing and experience in B2B industrial sales is advantageous.
- In addition, it is considered a plus if you have prior experience within the electrical industry and knowledge of electrical switching applications.
- As you will be working in a global environment, you are fluent in English, written and spoken alike, whereas knowledge of additional languages is meritorious.
More about us
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis – apply today!
Recruiting Manager, Emma Thelin, +4621-32 03 42, will answer your questions on the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Senad Hujic, +4621-32 03 02, Unionen: Jan Bergman-Bengtsson, +4621-32 90 97, Ledarna: Urban Mylläri, +4621-32 01 86. Any other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Anna Nordlund +46 761 42 01 39.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.
Din shortlist Din shortlist
Lägg till intressanta jobb i din shortlist så att du smidigt kan gå igenom dem senare.
Urvalslistan sparas lokalt och är därför tillgänglig enbart från samma enhet
Skicka jobb i shortlist till din e-postadress.
Shortlist har skickats
Någonting gick tyvärr fel
Ange en giltig e-postadress.