Senior Human Computer Interaction Researcher with VR/AR prototyping skills
Västerås, Västmanlands län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of Corporate Research in Västerås. We are the largest research center within ABB and have a strong competence supporting the innovation in both power technology and automation areas. Our multicultural research center consists of approximately 250 scientists from 45 different countries.
As Senior User Experience Design Researcher, you will be part of the User Experience team within Automation Technology. With extra focus on VR/AR, you will play a key role in a skilled and engaged team of user-centered design researchers with focus on innovation in current and future ABB businesses. Many of our projects have led to new products, publications, awards and patents. Together with Corporate Research teams worldwide, we research and develop concepts in close collaborations with ABB’s core business.
This is an exciting opportunity for you who are looking to work with fundamental industrial challenges where you can contribute to a sustainable and diverse environment. You will have access to the latest technology and be part of a team with an important mission. You will have great opportunities to both publish articles and develop next generation solutions with high business value for our customers.
This is a temporary position until December 2019 (with possibility to prolong).
- Your main mission will be to focus on innovative applied research and user-centered design, especially in the area of AR/VR. The solutions are developed in multi-disciplinary teams and you have the focus of usability, experience and prototyping.
- You will communicate the results towards our global stakeholders through independently created prototypes and presentation material.
- You are achievement- and result-oriented with a humble attitude. Equally important are your innovative and creative skills as well as your customer focus.
- As a true team player, you are inspiring, communicative and collaborative person that listens to and respect others.
- You thrive in a role where you can take initiative and create tangible creative visions– all to contribute to our future success.
- You hold a Masters’ degree in a relevant field and have at least five years’ experience from academia or business. It is preferable if you have a PhD with specialization in a relevant area and/or experience from the industry.
- You may currently work as a senior designer/researcher within interaction design, human computer interaction, AR/VR or similar, at a university, an in-house design department or a larger design agency.
- Fluency in English is a must, written and spoken alike.
- Ability to program AR/VR solutions.
- Preferably, you have a portfolio to attach to your application or to show at the interview.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.´
Recruiting Manager, Karin Persson +4621-32 45 31, will answer your questions about the position. Sveriges Ingenjörer: Anne-Marie Imrell, +4621-32 30 65, Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621- 34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Anna Nordlund, +4621-32 50 45.
Kindly note that a complete application should include a CV, Cover letter and a Diploma.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.