Government & Institutional Relations Manager - ABB Power Grids, Sweden
Västerås, Västmanlands län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids (PG). ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Your role will be to ensure compliance with external regulatory requirements and implementation of relevant internal company policies and procedures and represent PG in such matters before regulatory bodies. You will be the recognized expert on Public Affairs issues (government relations, business institutions, social institutions and academia) and serve as the country’s primary Government & Institutional Relations contact for the business.
- Develop, define and execute the Government & Institutional Relations strategy in the country, in alignment with the global Government & Institutional Relations function, to support the business strategy of the local PG organization.
- Drive and execute actions to facilitate business.
- Assess and provide legislative and regulatory solutions.
- Help develop a greater awareness of Government & Institutional Relations’ contribution to business volume and profitability.
- Closely collaborate with the Country MD / LSM to identify and support business development opportunities by driving advocacy and arranging discussions with senior level government officials as well as other political, business, institutional and academic stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Executive Committee and senior management regarding interactions with governmental bodies and officials, trade associations, business and social institutions as well as academia.
- Help arrange and coordinate PG’s high-level meetings, visits and events, and prepare related documents both required by the governments and the company internally.
- Support crisis and issues management relevant to the geography.
- Manage assigned budget for Government & Institutional Relations (both internal and external costs) in the country.
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- University degree in Political Science, Economics, Business management, Science, Engineering or related disciplines.
- 10-15 years’ experience in government/business/institutional relations or closely related leading corporate or public functions, preferably within power grids or the power or energy sector. Experience both inside and outside of governments, business and trade associations is a plus.
- Analytical and creative thinking, strategic instincts, fascination with technology, and a passion for PG's purpose.
- Ability to handle crises and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and advocacy skills to influence, negotiate and persuade; an ability to effectively explain complicated issues and policy positions to any audience.
- Result-driven self-starter attitude; instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Strong project management skills; ability to set and meet deadlines within tight timeframes.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills in English and Swedish; additional languages are a plus.
- Multi-cultural and multi-dimensional to support international strategic processes and teams.
- Strong presence to have a high impact on high-ranking internal and external stakeholders; known to industry and key government officials.
- Strong ethics and high integrity.
More about us
Hiring manager Harmeet Singh Bawa, +41 43 317 64 80, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives: Sveriges Ingenjörer: Lennart Molin, +46 21 32 41 91, Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +46 21 32 85 47. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Tess Persson +46 21 32 51 46.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.