Thesis Work for Creating a dynamic CMDB for development equipment
Västerås, Västmanlands län, Sverige
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of the Business Unit Power Grid Enterprise Software, Network Control, located in Västerås. ABB PGES Network Control is Software development organization, approx 600 users from 16 countries. ABB PGES is Developing software for Remote Control of power generation and distribution. Our Product development and testing environment is growing and needs better monitoring and control tools. The Development environment is managed by local IS/ IT. The aim of the thesis is to use appropriate methods to investigate the development network and server environment. Results should be presented in a clear way, both in general and specifically for different projects. We are looking for one driven and determined student who study Computer Science or similar. You have a good knowledge of data communication, and a great interest in learning more.
- You will be involved in developing and assessing advanced functionalities for PGES local IS/IT department systems and tools.
- You will be investigating tools used for data gathering.
- You will be investigating how to gather information about all devices connected to the network.
- You will implement advanced control methodologies.
- You will be designing and building a dynamic CMDB with User Interface and Dashboard.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You are studying a university bachelor program within a relevant technical area along with documented knowledge in computer science and programming.
- It is a benefit when you have experience in Web design, Database management, Unix based operating systems, network communication and programming.
- We aim to start the thesis during the fall 2019.
- Number of credits of the thesis is 15ECTS/hp being equivalent to a bachelors thesis.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Recruiting Manager Göran Ekström +4621-32 41 19, will answer your questions. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Lennart Molin, +4621-32 41 91, Unionen: Karin Boholm, +4621-32 45 85. If you have any other questions, please contact Iwona Gyllenstein-Forsberg +4621- 32 44 21. Apply with your CV, academic transcripts and a cover letter in English.
Welcome to apply!
Din shortlist Din shortlist
Lägg till intressanta jobb i din shortlist så att du smidigt kan gå igenom dem senare.
Urvalslistan sparas lokalt och är därför tillgänglig enbart från samma enhet
Skicka jobb i shortlist till din e-postadress.
Shortlist har skickats
Någonting gick tyvärr fel
Ange en giltig e-postadress.